Thursday, November 29, 2007

ch - Tutorial with Course Director

On Tuesday at 4:00pm I had a tutorial with my course director. It was great, really informal. We talked about my work, what I had planned, anything and everything! He's a really nice bloke and one of the easiest people to talk to I've ever met. I showed him the proposals I had sent to the New Generation Arts people and he thought they were really really good! He said that he could tell that I had found my Language, both Artistic and visual, already. Something he said, takes some artists a long time to get to. I agree, I am very comfortable with the visual and artistic language that I use. Its not like I had to really search for it, it kind of just happens!

Through talking to him, It turns out that an ex-MA student from Margaret Street is now the creative director and events manager at Jodrell Bank Observatory, I am going to get in touch and see what happens! As always I will let you know how that goes!

I always come away from a tutorial with my tutors feeling positive and inspired and eager to get on with making work. Some students, if they get landed with the wrong tutor don't/can't develop their work to the extent they could because the tutor doesn't suit their practice. I am rather lucky in that respect.

No comments: